We had an injury this past weekend. We went to REI for Sam to pick out some shoes for his birthday which was last week (Happy 30th Sam!) Well as soon as we arrived at the store Josie informed us that she had to go potty. So I send Will with Sam and I take Josie to the potty. We finish in the bathroom and I hold the door open for Josie, she walks under my arm, so I let go of the door. But then, she spys the drinking fountain so she quickly grabs the hinge side of the door jam to make a quick turn to the drinking fountain. Then, the door shuts on her poor little fingers. She starts screaming and as fast as a I can I push the door open. I pick her up and am thinking her fingers are just going to be red from getting pinched, then I notice blood, lots of blood. So I run her back into the bathroom and run her fingers under the water. And then I see it, two finger tips attached only by skin. I start panicking and run out to the front desk and have them page Sam to come over. He casually strolls over with Will and the stroller to find me running towards him with blood dripping everywhere. He takes one look at her hand and we are off to the hospital. At the hospital they put her out and sew them back on. Things should turn out just fine, but for now she gets to wear her "big pink bandaid."
Dick and Jane 1st Birthday Party
13 years ago
13 comments:
Poor little thing! She looks as though she feels better, though. We had the same thing happen to our daughter, only it was just one finger, and it happened when a large rock landed on it... same injury though. I know the feeling of hearing them cry and looking down, not believing your eyes, panicking and just jumping into action for your little one. Hope she does well!
Wow! How traumatic for both of you. I'm so sorry, but glad that they can actually fix those kinds of things. I would have totally freaked out! She is the cutest. I love the outfit! Hope you're doing great.
Oh my! how scary Lisa. I would have been in tears. She looks too cute to be in any kind of pain though. I'm glad they were able to fix the problem.
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this. I actually was about in tears for you! What a tough little girl. Good thing your such a great mom! Looking at the picture, she looks like she is proud to have a big pink bandaid!
Her fingernail did grow back. The end of her finger is a little mis-shaped from being sewn back together, so the fingernail is not exactly where it should be. For a long time it didn't seem like it would grow back, but eventually it did, so it's kind of just a waiting game. Josie's definately a brave girl, though, especially with more than one finger injured!
oh poor thing! I would have probably freaked out if that happened to me, I can't imagine a little girl having to go through that!
My little girl had a big pink band aid just like that! Other arm though! Your kids are ADORABLE! Hope you are doing well! And I hope you daughters fingers heal up alright!
I was just showing Cody your blog and saw the picture of Josie. That is quite a cast. Thanks for giving us a few more details. I began to wonder if Sam put a pressure bandage on it or just headed for the hospital. We'll see you soon.
Grandma Linford
I am so so sorry. I'm sure it must have seemed completely surreal. I can't even imagine all the emotions I would be going through in that moment - not to mention very queasy! And what a great lesson to all of us to watch those fingers! I'm so glad she'll be okay.
WHat a sweetheart. I feel so bad about this. So glad your hubby was there. I would be panicking! BTW: I love the look of your blog. Cute picture of the kids.
She makes a cast look like a fashion statement. Kate will be jealous.
Josie will have to learn to pick her nose with her other hand now...those casts are so inconvenient!
Lots of love from Texas
Holy crap! What a scary thing for you and Josie.I am glad she will be ok. And in that picture she looks a little bit like Hannah. Call me crazy.
Post a Comment